High school applicants with a high academic average, who are in or nearing their final year of high school, may apply to enrol in a course at Memorial University. Applicants from high school who do not meet the admission requirements due to special circumstances may appeal for special admission consideration.
What average do you need to get into Memorial University?
Applicants in or about to enter their final year of high school with a superior academic record (i.e. normally an overall average of 85% or above in completed English, Math and Science courses at the 2000 or 3000 level) may apply to enrol in university courses.
What are the requirements to get into Mun?
General admission requirements
- English. English 3201. English (Standard or Higher Level)
- Mathematics. One of: Math 3200* …
- Laboratory Science. One of: Biology 3201. …
- Social Studies or Modern/Classical Language (MCL) One of: Social Studies 3201. …
- Elective. Two credits in any subject area at the 3000 level.
Is it easy to get into Memorial University?
Admission to the program at Memorial University is limited and competitive. Applicants must remember that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program. Every year, the university receives over 150 applications and only 24 to 30 students are accepted.
How much does it cost to apply to Memorial University?
The application fee of $60 for Canadian applicants or $120 for international applicants is payable by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) only. All graduate applicants to the School of Music are required to pay a supplementary application fee of $40.
Which is the cheapest university in Canada?
Most affordable universities in Canada
- Memorial University of Newfoundland – tuition fees: 2,150 – 11,460 CAD/year.
- University of Regina – tuition fees: 1,715 – 20,050 CAD/year.
- Royal Roads University – tuition fees: 3,750 – 27,600 CAD/year.
- University of Saskatchewan – tuition fees: 4,110 – 24,000 CAD/year.
When can I apply to Mun?
General admission application deadlines
|Application opens1||Priority deadline2||Application closes3 (documents required)|
|Feb. 25||Oct. 1||Dec. 13|
|Spring semester (May to August) including intersession and summer session|
|Sep. 15||Feb. 1||April 30|
|Fall semester (September to December)|
How do I pay my Mun application fee?
Methods of Payment
- Online Banking.
- Wire Transfer using GlobalPay.
- Credit Card.
- Cheques/Tuition Voucher.
- Payroll Deductions Graduate Students.
- Student Aid.
Is Memorial University good?
Memorial University is a solid university. You have some of the lowest tuition rates in the country (even for international students) and some top notch programs. Memorial is known for its medical, nursing, engineering, and business programs.