Becoming an exchange student gives you more than knowledge about another country and its language and culture. … Exchange students develop leadership skills, self-confidence and a greater understanding of the complexities of the world around them.
Why do you want to do exchange?
Personal. Self-development and awareness leading to enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem. This is often the most noticeable change in returned exchange students. Maturity and social poise, fuelled by the necessity to confront challenges outside a familiar support network and comfort zone.
How do you become an exchange student?
In NSW, secondary exchange students must:
- be school age students from Year 10 to Year 12.
- enrol as full-time secondary students through a registered exchange organisation.
- submit an AASES form at the time of enrolment.
- study for a minimum period of three months (or a full school term) and for one year maximum.
What do you gain from exchange programs?
6 reasons to go on a student exchange programme
- You’ll experience a completely new way of life. …
- Studying abroad will expand your employment opportunities. …
- You’ll experience different styles of education. …
- You can take the opportunity to learn a new language. …
- You’ll make new friends from around the world.
Is it expensive to be an exchange student?
Being an exchange student can be expensive. Along with what you must pay to your organization to cover travel fees, you will typically require some spending money. … Your exchange organization should provide insurance, a flight, and a travel visa, also finding you a place to live and a school to attend.
How long do foreign exchange students stay?
An exchange student typically stays in the host country for a period of 6 to 12 months; however, exchange students may opt to stay for one semester at a time. International students or those on study abroad programs may stay in the host country for several years.
Can you choose your foreign exchange student?
Can I select the student I want to bring into my home? Yes, our exchange coordinators and full-time staff will work with you to find a great student match. We have spent more than 40 years matching students to their American host families and high schools.
How does student exchange program work?
A student exchange program is a study program in which students pursue education at one of the international institutions for six months to one year. … It may involve international travel and study for some time, but does not necessarily require the student to remain outside his or her native country.