What is the point of student of the month?
Student of the Month programs are designed to recognize student achievement and to showcase accomplishments in academics, athletics, exemplary character traits, and other categories. But not all students have the resources and support to shine through as all-stars in these more traditional lanes.
What should I tell my first day as a student?
Here are 11 encouraging phrases to say to your child on their first day of school:
- “You’re capable of anything you set your mind to.” …
- “You don’t have to be the best at everything; you just need to try your best.” …
- “It’s about the journey, not just the destination. …
- “Treat others how you want to be treated.”
How does a student show respect?
Avoiding physical contact with other students; Respecting other students’ space; Sitting where you are asked to in class; Telling a member of staff if there is a problem with another student.
How is a student respectful?
Respectful – The student treats classmates, teachers and staff with respect by valuing each as an individual, respecting differences, and valuing the work that others do. Responsible – The student embraces the responsibility required to maintain progress in their schoolwork and other personal goals.
How do I make students feel welcome?
8 Ways to Make Students Feel Welcome on First Day of School
- Assign seats before school starts. …
- Use students’ names from day one. …
- Don’t just introduce yourself. …
- Give them something to commemorate the first day. …
- Give students the tools they need. …
- Emphasize what students can do, not what they can’t.
What should you tell your students about you?
Tell students something about yourself, particularly about your life outside the classroom.
- Your youth and educational experiences.
- Your hobbies and interests.
- Your family.
- Places you’ve traveled.
- Books you’ve read.
What are examples of respect?
Respect is defined as to feel or show esteem or honor for someone or something. An example of respect is being quiet in a cathedral. An example of respect is truly listening to someone speak. An example of respect is walking around, rather than through, protected wilderness.
What respect feels like?
Respect means that you accept somebody for who they are, even when they’re different from you or you don’t agree with them. Respect in your relationships builds feelings of trust, safety, and wellbeing. Respect doesn’t have to come naturally – it is something you learn.